Code of Conduct for the Shanghai UniversityInternational Student Accommodation
1. Gambling, the use of pornography, drug trafficking and any other activities that violate Chinese law are strictly prohibited in the building.
2. The use of violence, physical altercations and the preaching of any religious activities are strictly prohibited in the building.
3. Please pay attention to power safety. The use of high-power electrical appliances(including appliances with power exceeding 1000W or low quality electrical appliances)such as electric blankets, electric stoves,induction cooker,electric iron, electric oven, and electric heateris strictly prohibited in the room, anyhigh-power electrical appliancementioned abovewill be confiscated upon discoveryinside roomand will not be returned until after the student’s graduationor completion.Improper use of electricity such as keeping appliance plugged without attention is regarded as infraction and the electrical appliances (including non-high-power) will also be confiscated upon 3 times discovery.Serious infractions will be subject to expulsion from the accommodation and disciplinary actions in accordance with the regulations on the administration of international students.
4. Watch out for fire. It is strictly forbidden to smoke inside the apartment building. Please do not bring flammable and/or explosive items into the building. Do not have open fires in the room. Do not move fire-fighting equipment without priorauthorization. Any violation, upon discovery, will be subject to disciplinary action. Serious infractions will be subject to expulsion from the accommodation and disciplinary actions in accordance with the regulations on the administration of international students.
5. Be careful when using electromagnetic or gas stoves in the public kitchen area and keep yourself close when they are in use so as to prevent leakage. Switch off power to all the electrical devices after use. You are responsible forany personal electrical device which results in hidden dangers or loss of public property and will be subject to expulsion from the accommodation and disciplinary actions in accordance with the regulations on the administration of international students.
6. Please report to the College LogisticsService Centre or to the reception of the apartment building if a fire, leakage or gas leak occurs in the building.
7. Please take good care of the public facilities and the furniture, electrical devices and the walls in the building. In the event of damage due to human error, compensation will be paid at double the original price.Refusal to pay any compensation owed will result in the expulsion from the accommodation and disciplinary actions in accordance with the regulations on the administration of international students.
8. Those who violate the Visitor Policy and allow non-residents to stay overnight in the accommodation will be subject to a fine in an amount equal to three times that of the room fees. Serious infractions will be subject to expulsion from the accommodation and disciplinary actions in accordance with the regulations on the administration of international students.
9. Please keep the room and public areas clean. Don't put up ads and don’t litter in the building. Pets are not allowed in the building. The Administrative Support Centre will conduct random spot checks of the room to inspect the security and health conditions of the room once a month and then note the inspection results onto the student's record.
10. Please take care of your belongings. Don't store valuables and large amounts of cash in the room. Take proper care of your room key and don't lend it to others. Be sure to lock all doors and windows when you leave the room and turn off all the power switches to avoid any accidents.
11. Create a quiet and civilized living environment. Avoid making loud noises in the building. Ensure that music, movies and TV are played or watched at a low volume at night so as not to disturb others.
12. The apartment building has a 24-hour access control system. Only one swipe card is provided to each student to access the building. Please return to the apartment before 24:00 or register for late access in advance if returning later than 24:00.
Unrestricted access to accommodation through use of swipe card:
Access to accommodationis restricted during these times:
05:00 — 24:00
24:00 – 05:00